Devonshire West Big Local are looking for passionate, reliable and community-minded individuals to join our voluntary Board.
You don’t need any special skills or qualifications, you just need to be interested in making Devonshire West a better place to work and live.
Our Board are responsible for managing how we spend our £1 million Lottery investment, ensuring that the work we do reflects the needs of our community.
We are looking for people who;
- Can offer a minimum commitment of 2 hours each month (for our monthly meeting held on the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm – 9pm) and are willing to actively participate in our work.
- Are willing to be enthusiastic ambassadors of our work, always encouraging local people to get involved with what we do.
- Are passionate about making a real, positive change in their community.
In exchange we can offer;
- An opportunity to have a say in how we invest our Lottery funding, making a positive impact in the Devonshire West Community.
- A chance to gain experience working in the community/voluntary sector.
- The opportunity to take part in Local Trust training courses and events, free of charge.
Our next AGM, where we will vote on new members, will be held on the 9th January at Seaside Community Hub.
We particularly encourage residents living within Devonshire West to join the Board.
Residents will be given priority when it comes to choosing new board members as our board must have a resident majority.
Devonshire West is a diverse area and we are keen to ensure that our board is representative of our community, we encourage applications from people from all social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
If you would like more information about who we are, what we do, or how to join our board, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Community Development Officer, Jessica Boelema. She can be contacted by email at Jessica.Boelema@3va.org.uk or by telephone on 07984885889.